HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - range finders
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: range finders

thanx guys...nikon is one i havent played with yet, and have heard good things about it...just dont know anyone that has one. i'll have to check them out...im sure if i goto Cabelas or somewhere, i can atleast look through them indoors(which doesnt do a whole lot of good...but better than nothing)

tky, for normal bowhunting, the downward angle is nothing to worry about...if you really want to elimanate its factor, range trees at eye level and thats the distance to shoot(i believe thats how it goes) but i played with my buddies Leupold TBR-II and it had the feature...i was HIGH in the tree and shooting close and 40+yds with it and sometimes like 40-60ft below me down the hillside....it was always within a few yards...

but when i buy my long range range finder, i would like that feature. just because im shooting much much longer ranges...often down steep hills and such. 1 of my spots range finders read 200yds...i bet its much more like 100-125yds...pretty much every inch is down a steep hill...its longer down the hill than it would be if i could imaginarily walk straight and be directly above the target...which that would be the true range to shoot for....when your talking long range shooting and small targets, things like that need considered...

im perfectly fine with eventually owning 2. the LONG range ones are bigger and bulkier and i dont need that for bowhunting...i just need something small and accurate for bowhunting....