HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)
Old 11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
ksfowler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Didn't go out this weekend never realy had a chance. well i did but it was to gosh darn hot today. it was around 80 and we had a pretty good wind i felt more like going fishing than hunting. saturday i went pheasant hunting with my uncle and my brother and another guy we shot six and lost three more it was the best day we have had in a long time. and one field we were walking we got up a big 8 or 10 point. he was a good 150 class deer he was bedded down 20 yards from where i was. i heard some crashing and it thought it was one of the dogs but my brother said deer, but by then they were in trees that you couldnt see through. then me and this other guy walked around the trees and we were looking at a scrape that he had made that morning and all the weeds that he had torn up. and the guy said look at that buck, i said where and he pointed at it. it was standing broadside at about 150 yards then he took off running and all i have to say is it was a solid deer. My dad found a dead buck on our deer lease saturday, we could not find a bullet hole or anything but who knows what happend to him. it was a young 9 point that i would have shot if he would have walked by. i think i will head out thrusday morning should have a north wind which is perfect for it. i have been waiting all season to hunt this stand hopefully it pays off. i posted the pictures of the bucks that i got 5 yards from this stand. Good Luck in the morning Kreagerm.
Sorry for the long post.