HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pics of My Halloween Buck!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Bloomgren
Fork Horn

Default Pics of My Halloween Buck!

On the 31st, early in the morning I located a dandy buck but was unable to do anything with him. I watched from a distance and quickly decided that he was the buck that I wanted! I watched as he slipped his way to his bedding area as he made sure other bucks knew he was the dominant male in the area. He freshened a few scrapes and rubs and disapeared out of sight in a small draw. My plan was to intercept him in the evening as he headed to his feeding area. At 2:30 pm I settled into a blind that I constructed out of tumbleweeds and branches. I used a thicket near me to break up my outline. Numerous deer passed my position later in the afternoon including one nice 5x5. I waited for the big boy to show. The sun dipped below the horizon and light was fading fast. I was contemplating going up the draw after him when I noticed antlers coming through the trees. He snort-weezed at another buck and rubbed a tree furiously. That buck made sure he got out of his way and headed towards the pasture. The big boy continued on his route and passed by my location at 36 yards. I grunted and he stopped perfectly as I sent a razor sharp broadhead through his boiler room! After giving him plenty of time to expire it was a short tracking job andI found him laying less than 100 yards away! He is a 5x6 with a small drop tine grossing 166"!