HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

ORIGINAL: mauser06

sproul, band together with all the local land owners and post the land "no doe hunting"

it was done around my buddies camp....believe me, it works....the land is all somewhat regulated...hunting with written permission only...each camp is only supposed to have X amount of hunters and such....could be hunted by anyone and anything could be taken....but it really does seem to work. were talking a fair amount of land as well...probably a good few thousand acres...

just a thought....
most of land is posted around me,they are nastiest bunch.

my dog went under fence and they were going to arrest him

posted land,they ALL kill doe,i bet i am only one that trys to save a doe.

some of my deer go onto their property and are shot also.

i guess the way to put it is,SPROUL is nice guy,i try to save deer ,i take kid in to hunt and elderly too but its hard to get deer NOW even on my 100 acres of privateland.

i agree with you 100% but these landowners want that meat.

i hear that CHARLES PROPERTY is charging 200 dollars a day to hunt.

like last night, i have 3 buck/3 doe/2 fawns coming into my home at night, yet, at 1 am the spotlights are shineing on my home,crossbows out windows.

i had to get out of bed and yell out window, lucky i was watching tv or i would not have seen the spotlights and CROSSBOW .[:@]

now, they raised our property taxes too[:@]

i see a LOT of camps being sold and LAND also and price to hunt on privateland going way up.

some said they are going to 2,000 a year to hunt on their land do to high taxes.

now your CAMPS are taxed as homes in clinton county.[:@]

i know camp that is 80 years old, in bad shape with 1 acre of land.

his land was assessed at 18,000 and camp at 25,000=43,000 for CAMP.

some camps were over 300,000 and assessed before at 10,000