HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)
Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 PM
MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

PT,
GOOD FOR YOUR FAMILY AND ANDREW!!!!!!!!!

I got great news for team IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!

BIG BUCK DOWN!!!!!!!! 8 Point - Halloween Buck

I don't have pics yet!!! I had togo towork. In fact i'm at work typing this.

Last night i went to my favorite spot and didn't see a thing. I left my climber attached to the tree.I made it to the tree this mourning about 0700 and was hunting at 0710Just as it was turning light out. It said it was 23 degrees as i was driving to my spot in my truck. The snow on the ground was very crunchy as i was walking in. As i got settled into myclimber, I started a rattling sequence and some grunting from my grunter. 20 minutes later i did it again. About 5 minutes after i grunted i usedmy doe in heat estros can call. Iwas looking in one direction and then looked into another direction and saw a deer moving straight towards me.He was approx. 60 yards out. He came into about 25 yards and turned to hisleft. He walked behind a small tree, as i drew my bow he stopped about 15 yards out and his vitals were covered up with a couple of small limbs. He needed to make one more step and he would be mine. He then walked through and stopped out at 13 yards behind a tree with a " V " in it. I put my 20 yard pin on him and let it fly. I heard the "TWACK"
saw him spin and run like the wind. About 40 yards he slowed and then started to walk. I got a little nervous at that point. Then i saw him get week in the knees, he started to wooble and then he disappeared behind a group of trees. I heard a thump on the snow. I figured he was down but was not 100% sure. As i climbed down i turned the climber to a different side of the tree and saw my buck down with my binos. He only went 50 yards before he dropped.

i'll get pics in or if i could e mail them to someone again and i'll get my score posted i still have to score him here and send those measurements in also.

Team # 37 on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!