HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Surrender your firearms
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Surrender your firearms

Swthomas-you are sadly VERY misinformed-Soon after bill clinton took over office and appointed janet reno,ALL FFL holders got a newsletter/ruling update from batf (this was the days before it was batfe) stating that the street sweeper,spas 12,among about a dozen other legal firearms had been DEEMED as "having no sporting purpose" and were therefore banned from regular ownership. This meant that all owners of these firearms HAD to be specially registered as "aow" same way as supressors,shortbarreled rifles&shotguns,etc before the alloted amount of days for grace period expired. Soon afterward,I was "visited" by batf agents for an "routine" record check. During this check,they paid particular attention on any firearms on that list and recorded any and all information from the 4473 buyer forms. That was illegal in itself. Also the fact that there had been NO passage thru congress or senate of any bill that would've birthed that ruling/law. This is EASILY looked up as is any new law that goes into effect is public record. I researched and there was NO federal bill regarding this ruling change. Again-these "newsletters are sent to ALL ffl holders and I save each and every 1. That PROVES that yes indeed-it CAN happen! I STILL have that letter from batf in my files if you doubt me-as can any other ffl holder during that time can attest to as well. Wether or not these firearms were much different than others or had "sporting purpose" had no bearing. That ruling,as was the recording of information directly obtained from buyer forms(4473s), was CLEARLY illegal! Please know what you are talking about and be well informed before assuming things like that.

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

First of all, this will never happen in anyone on this forum's lifetime. I'm sick of hearing uninformed people say that Obama is going to "Take our guns away" if elected. It simply won't happen. He can't just decide one day that he wants to ban guns and it just happens. There's a lot of other really important people that also need to sign off on that before it would even get a peek atseeing thelight of day. And there'll never be that many people who agree to take a huge steaming pile of dung on the 2nd Ammendment of the Constitution.