HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good recurve length?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good recurve length?

if this means anything.....I can draw 75 pound compounds...
It really doesn't mean anything. When i was 16 years old I could draw a 90lb compound back. What I'm getting at Is I've been shooting recurves for 30 years since I was 3 years old (I'm 34 now). I've been hunting with a recurve now for 14 years. When I started hunting with my recurve 14 years ago I started out to heavy (73lbs) and I gained a ton of bad habits with It. To this day some of them bad habits still show there face from time to time. If anyone could of started out heavy It should of been me being I was shooting these bows since I was a kid but guess what, It wasn't the right thing to do. I should of started out with a recurve of 50lbs Instead of 73lbs. If I was you I'd still stick with a lower poundage bow for a while yet. You've got allot of hunting ahead of you yet being your young, do It right and It will reward you much more with form and technique then It has done for me. Trust me with this, bad habits are soooooooo hard to get rid of. Most bad habits come from a Traditional bow that's to much draw weight. We can all draw them back but can we have good form and smooth releases when doing so.