HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 PM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Also, the discussion Schultzy brought up in the main forum in regards to less buck sign on his property being attributed to an increasing buck:doe ratio got me thinking. According to my log, I have had 88 sightings from the stand this season (over 100 when including walks out). Two, count them, two have been bucks. Granted many of the sightings are the same groups, but still, I feel we have WAY too many doe on our property. I see very little in terms of sign year after year, and it never used to be that way. I've noticed a major decline in rub lines and scrapes, and I really don't even see many 1.5 yr olds like I used to. I KNOW I'm in spots where the does are feeding and bedding (my sightings are proof of that), but yet I've only seen two small bucks the whole season. Is my only option more doe kills? I'm only one guy with one doe tag, so I'm thinking next year of hosting a few HNI members to hunt. I would rather see some guys on here take something off my property than me anyways, so we'll see. I'm not sure what to expect as teh rut begins here soon, because if I truly have an abundance of doe, the bucks certainly aren't going to be chasing nearly as much.