HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - thanks schultzy
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
KSPOLICEMAN
Spike

Default thanks schultzy

OK, Tonight I got in my stand at 4:15. My stand in located at the bottom of a big draw coming out of a pasture, and im overlooking a small 2 acre. opening with a pond at my back. I rattle and grunt at 445 and instantly a yearling with two fawns appears across from me, and he is right on there tale. I was glad to see the fawns alone (mother has pushed them away, or a larger buck). I rattled off and on and used my buck growl to follow, and rattled in 3 diffrent bucks, one a respectable 140-145 9 point. at 6:30 sun was down and temp was falling a bit, I had 2 130-140 8points come directly in front of me and began to fight. after about 2 minutes, I seen a rack from my front left heading towards the 2 that were fighting, with bow already in hand, he made it into the opening and WOW, 155-160 9point, 24in. wide long tines, everything youd want in a 9. He watched the youngens and was looking in my direction, I heard heavy steps coming from behind me but had a cedar blocking it. I finally caught a glempse of tines through the limbs, and could tell it was a dandy. He came out of the thicket to my left at 20 yards, and 1/4 away in a posturing mode, heading toward the big 9. I cant tell you how many points he has but can tell you he dwarfed the 9. Really tall rack, big bladed tins (thick) 5 1/2 year old + buck. he had stickers, and was extremely heavy. im guessing him in the 170's min. he continues toward the 9 and he was heading into an area i had ranged prior at 35 yards, I drew and he went a few steps past the spot still 1/4ing but not to hard, and i put my 40 a tad low, and touched it off. I could not see the arrow him him but it sounded like I shot through a watermelon. he bolted into the woods, and i didnt hear him crash. Im shooting PSE FirestormX 70lbs and rage 2 blade. I got down (somewhat dark now) and couldnt find blood or arrow, but seen where he had kicked up the dirt, and headed down a trail. I backed out and will wait until light........DID I MESS UP, or should i go back and look.......I figured since im not sure of the hit better safe than sorry....and let him bed up and take it up tomorrow......Hopefully pics coming soon.