HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: FiveMiler

You know, I've worked with WCOs on many cases involving baiting, illegal treestands on SGLs, hunters killing deer in one WMU and tagging it with a tag from another WMU, poaching etc. Some of these occurances were found while I was hunting, other infractions were heard being talked about on portable radios. In every case, it was important to document what you seen, what you heard, and what you know. In just about every case, I had to give up my hunting time, back out of the area, and notify the authorities. Small things like making note of communications on certain channels, license plate numbers, vehicle make and model, can all make the investigation much easier to a WCO. Nonchalantly taking notice to small details helps alot. When I hear things going on on the radio nearby, I make a beeline to my vehicle and stand there with the trunk open making like I'm getting ready to pack it in, while waiting for the suspicious party to drive by. When they do, I non chalantly fall in behind them. After I get a plate number, I turn off. Very simple.

Nailing these slobs has to start with us. WCOs can't be everywhere, but they sure can be somewhere through our eyes and ears. I'm not doubtingSproul one bit concerning a camp that had 7 spikes hanging. But in order for this kind of activity to be noticed, LEO has to know about it. I don't know much about the WCOs in Clinton County. But I can tell you that the WCOs in 3 counties that I hunt regularly would have a field day with a crew that had 7 spikes hanging, and would probably walk away with several citations having been written out on that day. They have their methods, all they need is a few clues.

this TRUE example was done over 6 day week.first week of deer.

FIRST DAY 2 SPIKES, SECOND DAY 2 SPIKES,6TH DAY SAT 3 SPIKES.this is example, may be they got 3 spikes first day.

they even were sawing off horns, yes, thats right, they are carrying HACKSAWS SO IT LOOKS LIKE DOE .

spike still has to be 3 inchs long,brown its down crews or hunters carrying HACKSAWS,that makes it doe.SEE. THAT GROUP ONLYS SHOOTS,THEY DONT LOOK AT HORN LENGTH, SO,AHHHHHHHHHHH,OUT COMES HACKSAWS.

also, THEY dont hang spikes out,i did not see 1 CAMP with spike/2point etchanging on porch, not one.

i talked to camp with 12 senior hunters,theysaid they saw groups of hunters shooting at any deer.

they also told me the kid was in truck, dad shot the small buck, called on radio for kid to come tag it.

kid was in truck with heater on and dad was hunting.

dont get me wrong, this is not what everyone is doing but a LOT are and if the WCO is not stopping hunters and talking about this stuff, its going to continue.

this also was reported to WCO.

only way to slow it down is to make the AR for all of us,i would like to see that and will be bringing it up to our reps.

did you know that most of sportsmans clubs still want the AR to stay same.

why,because most of ones i know STILL WANT TO FILL FREEZER AND THEY FOUND A WAY TO DO IT.

its called,AR for kids.[:@]