HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 AM
fellas2
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

bIG cOUNTRY, first I never said YOU didn't allow other hunters on your property,I said that the norm now in Greene is not to let outsiders or Joe public to hunt even if permission is asked.You are the one who stated you do not allow any public hunting on it.It's yours so you have evry right to allow who you want on it and when.What I said was you don't have any complaint about too many deer if you and other landowners don't allow public hunting.I know of many many farms that do not allow hunting at all or limit it to a few buddies and are the first to complain about deer damage.You are more than entiltled to try to manage the deer that reside on property you either pay taxes on or lease,but you don't own the deer.They're just a fringe benefit of having the luxury of being a property owner.I must agree with Cornelius08.There are nowhere near the deer today there were as little as 7-10 years ago.All of the places he named including a few more like Bristoria,Swartz,Nineveh and others contain nowhere near the deer that were there a few years back.And last year when EHD ran rampant through that area,our PGC continued to sell antlerless licenses to the very end without a care in the world of how the herd was affected.I personally know of three farms were the #'s of EHD deaths were close to 100 but they kept on selling.You are entitled to want to shoot a large,mature buck as all of us would but don't denegrate the others out there for wanting to shoot a smaller buck.They pay the same amount for their license as you do and are entitled to a deer just as much as you.A balanced and mature herd maybe something you desire,but in this state with the restrictions being put on hunters by the PCG and landowners,it's nothing but a pipe dream.Far too many guys are getting caught up in watching Bill Jordan,Tom Miranda ,and other shows trying to make this state into something it's just not capable of.All i'm looking for is a nice safe place for me and my 3 sons to hunt.