HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top bow seller!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Top bow seller!!!

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

ORIGINAL: MichBowHunter

aguy who works for a dealer that sells Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoytsaid, Mathews sells more than the Bowtech and Hoyt by 2 to 1. Of course, this is only for that particular dealer.
Yep, and I am completely opposite. My Mathews sales have dropped about 70% since I started carrying Bowtech in 2007. I sold three timesas many Bowtechs as Mathews this year.

But I imagine that PSE is by far the leader in sales numbers.

That was the shop I work at that MichBowhunter was referring to, and the quote was mine from a thread about the 2009 Hoyts. And it is very much true in our shop.

I will agree overwhelmingly with bigbulls that PSE is likely still very much the industry leader, at least in my opinion as a lay observer (I read a lot of the industry trade magazines, and even they don't come right out and say who sold the most).

When it comes to overall numbers, I think you'll find that Parker and Fred Bear are probably still above the "Big Three" in total bow sales. There is no doubt in my mind that there are more bowhunters carrying PSE bows to the woods than any other brand, that includes 10 year old hand me downs... because not everyone buys a new bow every year (me included).

You don't go to a race track or a car show and talk about the 2009 Toyota Corrolla you just bought... everyone wants to talk Corvettes and Mustangs and Chargers.... not much different around here.... I haven't see a single post on here with anyone ranting and raving about how they just shot the 2009 PSE Nova, or the 09 Parker Wildfire... but when you get right down to it.. think about the high school kid who works the ice cream stand saving up all summer and coming into a bow shop with $550 needing the whole works...... Parker Wildfire all day long.... and it'll do a great job too... warranty is the same as the Big Three... price in a package is about half of what a new DXT costs naked.

And FWIW, our shop is one of the top ten Mathews dealers (by volume) in the country. At least we were/are for 2008.

I've sold a couple admirals so far, and a fair number of discontinued 08 BTs on close out. Sold a Katera on Monday, but also another DXT yesterday too. It all depends on what a customer wants and what his tastes are.