HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Cabin_Fever

Default RE: Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

Gotta chime in here too! Another NY'er!

Season has been going pretty slow for me so far. I haven't seen much daytime activity at all. I was in the stand for a total of 24 hours (8 hunts) last week, and I saw 8 deer. Not good. There are scrapes ALL over though. I've probably seen more scrapes so far this year as I have in the past 5 years combined!

I saw my first chase of the year on 10/27, as a small 8pt. ran a doe hard across the road ~20 yards in front of my truck. As hard as he was running her, he probably would have knocked my truck over if he had hit me in the side!

I've had trailcams out for months now and have gotten plenty of pics. I know they're out there, it's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

I went toa Charlie Alsheimer seminar recently and he said that the full moonon the 13thwill really kick the rut into high gear! He said that the bucks will be rutting hard and on their feet for the gun opener. We'll see!

I'm on vacation for the whole month of November, with the exception of 2 days. Figured I'd go into workfor a couple of days to"rest up"!