HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: RSB

Thats doubtful Rsb. Especially since there are so many fewer.
What’s doubtful? That I could harvest two adult does injust a few hours of hunting on two separate days? I’ll tell you what I will do, since the harvest report cards were already sent in. I will ask you to remind me in about three monthsat which point the data will be in the system andI will go into the Game Commission Mainframe andpull up those harvest reportsand post a scanned image of them just so you canhavea big mouth full of crowto chew on. Think I'm bluffing, then just remind me to pull that data once it is available and I will be more then happy to provide it for all to see.

I have rarely had much trouble finding deer when many others were complaining. It has been that way for over forty years. Over my entire hunting career other hunters have been spending their time complaining about no deer.I insteadhave spent my time learning about deer, what they eat, when they eat, where they bed and where and when they are most likely to be moving. While other are sitting around complaining I am most likely either in the field working and learning. Then when the season is in and I have the tags, and the time when not at work,to hunt I spend my time hunting instead of complaining.

I agree that I am seeing far fewer deer then there used to be, but I am still seeing plenty of deer in ALL of the places where anyone that knows much of anything about deer would expect to find deer. The difference is that now deer don’t have to spend nearly all of their time competing with way to many deer to find enough food to stay alive. Now deer can behave as deer were intended by living in the best habitat areas and only being up walking around feeding during short duration periods.

Maybe a new Wco is needed that can actually curtail these crimes against our resources instead of having them increasing out of control in the area spoken of? Perhaps what should be "common sense" would be stricter wco performance evaluations?

Boy talk about a cheap shot!

I have spent over thirty-one years protecting the resources and sport of hunting for thankless people like you. People that don’t have even the slightest clue about most of the things they think they know so much about. I put my life on the line to save a few deer, turkeys and other wildlife so some jackass that spends all of their time bad mouthing the Game Commission and it’s Officers can go out and have a reasonable change of success even though most of them don’t deserve success because they haven’t put any honest effort into learning how to be successful.

We arrest the poachers when we encounter them, and I have arrested a lot of them over my career.

What have you done for the benefit of the resources or the future of hunting?

I dare say that you and your ilk have done far more harm to the sport of hunting and the future of our resources then even the poachers can do.

The poachers hurt the honest hunters but the clueless people that undermine sound scientific wildlife management, and the funding needed to maintain such programs, do irrepairable damage that lasts for decades and maybe even centuries.

R.S. Bodenhorn

rsb, comeon down to CLINTON COUNTY,we dont have deer but we do have POACHERS and they are after the BIG BUCKS and hunters are getting awful mad over the bucks killed illegally at night.

i will tell you also what hurts the HONEST hunters.

the BROWN ITS DOWN HUNTERS WITH KID ALONG OR KIDS TAG ALONG .no need to look for horns or 3 point rule.

how do you stop that?
its happening and a lot of it is in the CREWS driving deer.

i hear it all time,i even told WCO at lock haven,pa. about it..[:@]

I’d love to have the time to come down and help catch the poachers in Clinton County but I have too darn many of them here to eat up my time.

I agree that many unscrupulous hunters will kill any buck and use a Mentored Youth or Junior Hunter’s tag on it. I also wish I knew the answer on how to fix that problem with today’s political attitudes. The only thing that would make that less of a problem would be to make everyone, youth included, conform to the antler restrictions. A lot of the hunters and certainly the politicians are apposed to making youth pass on a buck regardless of the antler size.

Other then that just keep working with the WCO toward arresting the people violating in such a manner.

R.S. Bodenhorn

I’ll get back to some of the other posts on this thread as time permits. It is time to get to bed now. Tomorrow is an early work day.