HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
bluebird2
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Breeding rates play a huge part in population....when that population is too large from the start. Many areas were severely overpopulated for years now. Reducing numbers was the right thing to do. Did we go too far in certain areas? I don`t know, as I have pretty much given up on the state I has hunted in since 1972. I do believe the word I get from a few individuals that tell me we are under ideal levels in various areas of the state. I can state from personal knowledge that despite big antlerless allocations, and a serious case of EHD, we still have some high deer densities in the southwest corner of the state.

As to shooting 80% of the 1.5 year old crop............playing armchair biologist only works with some of us.
You failed to answer my question regarding the negative impact of the previous deer management plan. breeding rates and productivity have decreased instead of increasing as predicted. can you explain why?

The harvest rate of 80% for 1.5 buck is from the PGC, not from an armchair biologist.