HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio BBD
Thread: Ohio BBD
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Walleyefever
Fork Horn

Default Ohio BBD

Got to my stand a littleearly today around 2:30 PM. Once I had all my gear pulled up andeverything set I checked the wind one last time. It was a good wind formy stand today blowing from west to east,only second time this year I could hunt this stand. I gave two blast from the can and give a few soft grunts and watched and waited. Inoticed some movement from the southwest, Buck, Better yet a shooter buck. He came on aslow walk lookingand listening for where the doe bleats and grunts came from, he was 55 yards from me at this time.He kept walking just south of my stand and I lost sight of him, So I gave a few moredoe bleats and a couple more soft grunt calls. After a few minutes passed I noticed him slowing walking my way, within 25 yards now but stillno shot yet. I noticed his Tall rack and his mass, I was shakinglike a leaf. I told my self to stop looking at the rack and pick my spot, once his head was behind a tree I came to full draw. He stopped behind the tree with his head just clearing the tree andlooking straight up at me, I thought great no shot and he stood there maybe two full minutes looking at me, I couldn't move. then he jumped side ways and started to trot off, Igave him a small bleat from my mouth and stopped him about 30 yards behind a few small trees, I picked my spot and shot. I drilled him right behind theshoulder and seen good blood as he ran off. I sit for 45 minutes and then when to my truck to make some calls for help andgive him some time. Here he is, my camera man didn't due him justice. He has a lot of mass and height. He looks to be a 4 1/2 year old. A great day in the woods.