HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Measuring Stick
Thread: Measuring Stick
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002, 09:33 PM
WFL\KY

Default RE: Measuring Stick

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've been a part of another thread that has had lots of action on it concerning &quot;Is bowhunting too hi-tech&quot;. After reading all the good bad and ugly I couldn't help but wonder where the traditional people stand so here goes:
1. To me traditional means a longbow or recurve, wooden arrows, re-sharpenable broadheads, no sights and of course a finger release.

2. With no other real way to compare accuracy levels I'll use 3D shoots. I feel no traditional shooter should shoot under 200 points while using the &quot;hunter&quot; stakes.

Where does everybody else fall in line with this. Just curious.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>To me Traditional archery or hunting is the way a person thinks , feels ,and acts when afield reguardless of the equipment used. Equipment is just that, whatever tripps you trigger. As far as 200 being a measuring stick I feel it is a personal thing. If you know your limits and you hit the kill on all your shots inside your limits, then your have shot 100%. The total score for shoot is 125 but you hit the kill on all the shots inside your limits, is this worse than 20 5's[wound shoots] and 10 tens?

Just a few of my thoughts,Bill