HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
FSUBIGMAC
Fork Horn

Default RE: PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!!

I'm sorry but the picture is hilarious when you think about the idealogies and conflictions behind the meaning of the photo. As for the beer cans, I think it can be taken in two way: as a sarcastic, smart azz comment to mock what PETA thinks about all hunters, or, it could just be a bunch of hunters celebrating thier harvest. I bet you would never find a group of PETA supporters going out to a bar or hanging out celerating a fun protest with a couple of beers right? WRONG. I say to each his/her own. If we do get our rights to hunt stripped from us that would be a shame, and I have no clue what I would do as a hobby; could work really become a hobby? Then in about 5 years when the wildlife population is uncontrollable and farmers start protesting -- guess what-- we get to hunt again, and mostly likely will see an increase in tag numbers. But I really think PETA is barking up the wrong tree, just as they are in horse racing. You really think there is gonna be a law prohibiting sports as popular as hunting and horse racing when they bring in so much money. I say no. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If anyone knows one of the guys in the picture tell them to mail me a beer -- I'll toast to that.