HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about the Rage 2 blades
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
LoneTree34

Default Question about the Rage 2 blades

Anybody else having any issues with the rage 2 blades. I shot a doe earlier this year at 25 yards right behind the crease as she was qtr away. I saw my arrow hit, she jumped, barrel rolled and ran into a draw. After I waited I confirmed a huge amount of blood where I shot her. Unable to find my arrow, So I'm guessing it didn't pass thru. Didn't find my arrow where she barrel rolled either. No blood trail. Checked where I last saw her run too and no deer. Spent the next day searching for her and no luck. Over the weekend I shot another doe at 30yds. She jumped a little and started walking like nothing hit her. She finally walked about 80 yards and stood still and slowly bedded down, to where I could see her expire, or at least I thought she expired. About an hour later a nice buck came down and I shot him broadside at 10 yards. I shot a little further back behind the shoulder so I wasn't flirting with the shoulder bone. This buck acted the same way. Walked like I didn't hit him and started snorting like crazy. It became dark real quick so I had an estimate of where I saw him last. Later that night my arrow on the doe was covered but no blood trail was present. I knew where she bedded down or where she was because I watched her from my tree stand. But concerned why there was no blood trail. When we go to the tree she was gone. The blood I had was when she bedded down. We eventually found her in a draw about 100 yards. The entry and exit wound were in line and in the perfect place. I couldn't have made a better shot. The buck on the other hand I'm not able to recover. No arrow to tell what kind of a hit and no blood trail. Searched the whole property and no luck. Its depressing and making for a difficult season. I read some other topics where some other folks can kind of compare. The blood trail seems to be because the blood sinks into the chest cavity, and the arrow not passing thru is because it doesn't penetrate as hard on a bone. IE rib. I shoot and draw a pretty good bow so I know speed isn't a real issue. I had no issues last year with the Grim Reapers but decided to change to Rage's because of all the success stories. I don't disagree with the size of the entry and exit wounds, I've seen it first hand on one of my does, but to have no blood trails and no arrows on two other deer gets me a little concerned. Haven't lost a deer in 6 years and then have two in a month is a little hard to deal with. Anybody else having similar issues with the 2 blade ??