HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 AM
TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF
Fork Horn

Default Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...

Guys,

Down here in North Florida, we arelooking forward to the deer seasonthis year but I do not want anyone here or elsewhere to be deceived in my hopeful anticipation.

In the sacred Southland, we WILL NOT tolerate mediocrity when it comes to whitetail management. Sadly, many times whenI go to a National forest down here or a neighbors land, I encounter one or more Yanks and have to "educate" them on how we practice QDMA down here in God's country.

I just make it a point to get a few things cleared up before the Yanks start getting overzealous and start shooting every spike and 4 pointer they can get a glance at.Firstoff, ya'll are in the sacred Southland.We are not going to tolerate folks coming down here and shooting our young bucks. Every year, ya'll come down here searching for "old mossy horns" and every year I have to preach the same sermon. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE it and it is entirely possible that you taking an underaged buck could result in an ass whipping.

Look, North Florida isamong the elite when it comes to quality bucks and overall whitetail management. FSU's school of whitetail studies, Wakulla County and their recent iniative to recruit female hunters over the age of 55, etc. The list goes on and on.In two words -The best. A tradition that goes back a long way. National recognition,national rankings, etc. The list goes on. With that resume comes respect. The kind of respect that I will demand from all of you here and reading this today.

Southern whitetail hunterscarry that respect whether we are at home whittlin' on a stick and sipping an RC Cola or areon the road and a few things need to be understood. And let me be real honest here, this IS NOT in any way to disuade you from coming on your annual North Florida big buck hunt. I know many of you in the Northeast make an annual tradition of this and I DO NOT want totake away from your little excursion. Just understand that whenyou visit one of our National forests,you are seeing one of the premiere examples of whitetail management in the world. I am talking movers and shakers.Our huntersare no exception.there will NOT be any arguing or so much as a disagreeable word from you when you come down here and that is simply just me shooting it straight to you.I darn well don't plan on preaching the positive insight I bring on deer hunting and then having you folks come down here and shooting young bucks. So let it be known Iwill ask you one time to stop and no more.If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke.

I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions. If you understand where I and the North Florida contingentare coming from and what is expected then we will have a great time and no problems will ever arise. Please understand that I am NOT coming to cause problems as that is the last thing on my agenda. It is a tradition and respect that Southern folks ahveand you need to realize this. We can laugh and have a good time but I just wanted to get a few things understood beforehand.

I hope all goes well and there are no problems and you enjoy your annual hunt here in North Florida, it really is a pleasure to have you.

TDWW