HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: pick00l

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter
We put out deer on half the drives but two of the shot opportunities were bucks and two more shot opportunities weren't taken because the foliage made it tough to be certain that those deer weren't packing horns too.

A good hunt, no kills but plenty of sightingsand plenty of signin an area thats supposed to have no deer if you listen to the crowd at the local tavern.

The best buck we saw was an 8 point that probably went 105"-110"
The wind noise allowed me to walk up to within 15 yards of him while he fed.
Sounds like a nice hunt. I'm glad to see your group looks before shooting. I'm sure most true hunters do as well. I rate my hunts the same way you do....there was game seen, opportunities that just did not end up with a kill......but it was enjoyable and it's called hunting. Good deal.
Thanks Pic001

Thats the way our gang looks at it! We are not exactly strangers to the concept of bringing home the venison. It just doesn't HAVE to happen every time we go out.

This quote:

So according to you ,every hunt is a successful hunt whether you fire a shot or not? So if you actually kill a deer is that an unsuccessful hunt because you have to gut it ,drag it out and have it processed?
Is simply a very good example of the kind of hunter that the sport would truly be better off without. Period.If some think that's harsh, so be it. That kind of mentality, although I beleive it is not representative of the majority of hunters,does little more than provide useful fodder for the PETA crowd. Our enemies would always point out a worst example and Bluebird happily provides it for them.