HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 04:31 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

I understand . Since we are clearing things up... I never said anything about a perfect shot. There have been times that the deer had been quartering toward me, moving, etc. I have been shooting since I have been big enough to hold a weapon and I shoot often. I shoot my bow all year round and same goes for the gun. I take pride in my accuracy and with the rifle (when target shooting) I practice at 200 to 300 yds plus, not that I will ever likelyshoot that far in Pa but it makes the closer shots easier. Same goes for practicing at 40 and 50 yds with the bow ( never will I shoot that far) but it makes 20 yd shots easy.

And further more your assumption that Isee enough deer to pass up on anything but the perfect shot is completely fallacious. If you are seeing even less deer than I am (which I doubt)it makes more sense to be as certain as possible that your shot will result in a clean kill. Don't want to wound deer where few deer are to be found. If I saw so many deer I would have never started this thread. I wouldn't have any reason to express discontent over the management of Pa's deer population.

I think we got off subject. Thanks for expressing your thoughts on the "inline season" idea.
i did not see more than about 10 hunters in woods with in-line,2 had in-line and crossbow on their backs.

but i did see over 50 cars with hunters riding roads with kids ,ready to shoot out the windows.

yes, in-line season is putting a huge hurt on the deer in oct.

i wonder what a in-line acts like when shot out of car window?
does truck fill up with smoke?