HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:29 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

How many deer have you missed during archery and have them stand within rangefor a second shot?
With the rifle I have Never missed the first shot. And if you do miss it isn't the weapons fault. Preparation prior to going into the woods to make sure your weapon is in working order is the most basic of responsibilities we as hunters owe to the game we pursue.
You may be the perfect hunter who always gets his deer to stand braodside in a clear shooting lane, but the PGC can't manage the herd or limit weapons based on the perfect hunters. Many of us prefer to actually pursue our deer rather than sit in a tree stand and ambush them. Under those conditions we don't have cleared shooting lanes and the deer are unlikely to present the perfect shot with no obstructions.

I hunt every methodwith the exception of lining 20 guys up to push deertowards standersso they can fill tagsfor the group. I take shots based on what i am comfortable with. I know my limitations and I do not shoot beyond them. If that makes me perfect in your eyes I am flattered, Thank You!
If the shot is more than likely to wound the deer I will not take it. So you are right I don't shoot through obstructions because I know the likelihood of killing that deer efficiently is poor. If every hunter took risky shots like you confess doing the game commission probably is accomplishing their kill ratio, just most those deer are left to run off and die never to be claimed or reported.

Ex. Dir. Roe should thank you personally for helping to reduce the herd if this is how you hunt.