HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Midwest Monster Maulers Thread (26)
Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
bob d
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

ok here is the story. i have not hunted much this year ,working overtime out of town so not much time ,but friday we were rained out so i went and the only deer i saw came in at near quiting time and presented a shot and i missed , still have not figured out how.
so saturday morning i go to another stand and was not there but about 5 minutes and saw a deer come out of the woods about 200 yards away . it was still dark and i could not make out if it was a buck or not , it made it's way across the field behind some trees when it came back into field of view i could see a rack . stayed out ther some 150 to 200 yards moving across in front of me but going away to the east . i got out the grunt call and rattle bag and hit each a couple of times. he made a bee line for my stand and stopped about 8 yards out with his head only exposed. he stepped out a couple of steps and when i went to squeeze the trigger i still had the safety on , flipped the safety off and drilled him. he went about 60 to 70 yards just inside the tree line and i heard him crash. i waited about 1/2 hour and went over and claimed my prize.

the two bucks in this story were not the same bucks but were on the same property