HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Arrow Questions...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 PM
chrowski
Fork Horn

Default Carbon Arrow Questions...

Hey all,
I'm thinking about switching to carbon arrows and I have two quick questions...thanks in advance for any advice.

1)Is there a standard size/diameter that most people use?
-This question is from my experience with aluminium arrows. For some reason, it seems that in my neck of the woods at least 50% of the people shooting aluminium arrows are shooting 2117's. I don't know why this is, but it caused me to switch to that type of arrow, because it was the most readily available type in all the shops around me. Does carbon have this equivilant?

2)Upon switching to carbon, has anyone noticed an increase in the number of pass-through shots that they achieve?
-I'm shooting a 60lb PSE and no matter what broadhead I use my arrow always stops once the BH is sticking 4-6'' out of the animal. Therefore resulting in lost BHs when the arrow breaks, which is annnoying b/c I'd rather find them and just replace the blades instead of buying a whole new set. So since going to carbon would result in a lighter, faster arrow, will it increase my # of complete pass-throughs? When you guys have switched, did you notice one sight pin accounts for a longer range of yardage?