HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM
bluebird2
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Economy- (Considering the current state of things) the purchasing of new guns compared to possible loss in license sales will cancel each other out. I'd love to see the PAGC hurt financially, maybe then policies will change.
Hunters that quit will not be purchasing licenses or new guns and they won't be traveling or staying in motels.
Economy- (Considering the current state of things) the purchasing of new guns compared to possible loss in license sales will cancel each other out. I'd love to see the PAGC hurt financially, maybe then policies will change.

That is not a valid point because the vast majority of hunters already have their rifles and most juniors use hand me downs.
As far as hunters quitting b/c of having to use a single shot weapon. ????? My opinion is this and I said it before.... if you need more than one shot to impact a vital area you should be on the range not in the woods or you shouldn't take the shot.
That is a very niave position with little relation to reality. How many archery deer are lost because they only have one shot? How many deer are missed on the first shot and killed on the second shot? The PGC would never get the harvests they need to control the herd if hunters were limited to in lines.

As far as hunters quitting b/c of having to use a single shot weapon. ????? My opinion is this and I said it before.... if you need more than one shot to impact a vital area you should be on the range not in the woods or you shouldn't take the shot.
The study compared slug guns to rifle ,not buck shot to rifles.
[quoteConsider this.. In states like Ohio, "rifle" season is far shorter than ours but the archery season lasts straight through to February. Even with not having a high powered rifle season there is still more hunting opportunity than here.
][/quote]

More hunting opportunities for only one class of hunter, the class that is the least effective at controlling the herd.