HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Good points.

Economy- (Considering the current state of things) the purchasing of new guns compared to possible loss in license sales will cancel each other out. I'd love to see the PAGC hurt financially, maybe then policies will change.

As far as cost goes a basic inline is far cheaper than purchasing a newhigh powered rifle.

Youth hand-me-downs is something I haven't considered. But most of us have shotguns already. True, some are not equipped with slug barrels but there are replacement barrels available at less cost than purchasing a new gun.

As far as hunters quitting b/c of having to use a single shot weapon. ????? My opinion is this and I said it before.... if you need more than one shot to impact a vital area you should be on the range not in the woods or you shouldn't take the shot.

Higher Amount Of Injuries... with shot ammo yes, but with slugs???? What is the difference between sending a poorly placed bullet down range or a poorly placed slug? The bullet will travel further having covered more distance and with that more unintential targets in it's path.

Market value? High powered rifles cost the same in states where this has already been implemented, even second-hand rifles.

Consider this.. In states like Ohio, "rifle" season is far shorter than ours but the archery season lasts straight through to February. Even with not having a high powered rifle season there is still more hunting opportunity than here.