View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 AM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

ORIGINAL: pick00l

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

I don't agree with this 100%. The guys who take risky shots with a rifle will take the same shot with the inline. I'm sure to them.. it does not matter. Comes down to the way you hunt or the ethics you practice. Just my opinion.

Twice last year I had been in the line of fire of hunters who were shooting at deer. In both instances the first shot was taken at a running deer at over 70 yds the first shots were followed by other shots until the deer was no longer in sight or the guy was out of ammo. It's harder to be sure of the targets backstop when the target is traveling and the hunter is too busy reloading to use common sense in the excitement of the situation. I do not want to make it seem this is how I feel about hunters in general b/c I am a hunter. However, for the few idiots out in the woods during rifle season my feeling is this... the less ammo they have the better. It has never NEVER taken me more than 1 shot to kill a deer using a .243. However there have been times I made a second shot just to be sure and I am at fault in those incidents. Too worried about that deer running into another hunter instead of being patient and doing some tracking. My feeling is also this.... If I am in the woods hunting deer with a rifle that means I screwed up in archery.
I like rifle season because, I like rifles. This is for PA. In Delaware, I hunt with an inline. Unless the mountains in PA get to populated, I like the rifle stance we have now. This does not change me waiting for a good shot.

Yes, in that case, it would limit the rounds being fired and we would all hope that the hunter waits for the right shot. In Delaware you constantly hear 2-3 shots on deer. I sit in the woods and wonder what the heck are people doing. This is not duck hunting. One shot one kill. Or take a second shot if one presents itself. The woods down here is so think that...2-3 shots at a single deer is hard to imagine unless they are shooting brown fur and not vitals. Also, if their are using slugs.. The buck is not going anywhere if the shot is close.

Ha.. I'm the same way. Gun season is a way to reflect on what I did wrong in Archery.