HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage 2 Blade
Thread: Rage 2 Blade
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:15 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 2 Blade

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

I had people on here tell me to get them last year and my set-up was even less of a draw weight, so I was just confused lol

I will defnitely return them and stick with my muzzys for now. It aint worth losing a deer over.

So how much weight would I be able to consider rages? I am gonna be buying new arrows this spring and having a friend of mine get my speed up to 260 fps and I am pretty sure I will be pulling 50 pounds next season too, but is that still too little??
Jenna,
What's your DL??? I'm not really sure even a 50# bow would be packing enough energy that I'd risk it. And in another 10yrs, I may be dealing with this as my 4 1/2 yr old is already wanting to know when she can get a bow. 260fps is quick, but if it takes a really light arrow to get there, you lose lots of energy, which ends up setting you back. If you have a ping pong ball and a tennis ball, one may travel much faster, but the other is gonna have much more energy behind it. I think a BT Equalizer is about the most capable low-weight, short-draw bow out there, and you may be able to get a 300gr up to around 260fps or so, but you still only have 48ft/# of energy, and I really HONESTLY think you'd still be putting yourself at risk for a heartbreak were that nice 140-ish 10pt came walking through and you shot him. Again, not trying to bust your bubble, but I'd certainly hate to see your bubble busted because or a poor equpment choice. Ashamedly, I've been there years ago, most d/t ignorance, but I've paid that price a few times over. Muzzy's may be just fine, but I personally might look at the Magnus if I were you as mentioned above.