HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 09 Admiral
Thread: 09 Admiral
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 09 Admiral

as far as the admiral/general not being great for 3d, they are just too short for good stability. Now, keep in mind here, im not talking about going out to a shoot and shooting for the heck of it to keep up on your archery skills. Im talking about it in the form of acompetitive sport, although its not really competitive to me, i just enjoy it... ALOT! Anyways, a longer bow will stabilize camber (left or right) better adn is more accurate. that is why pros or people who have target only bows the ATA is LLONNNNGGGGG. Short ATA is great for being comfortable to pack and hunt, but its not great for 3d. thats why i wanted the captain b/c its the median bow of the bowtech center pivots. I just traded my general for the 101st which will be my target bow. so ill probably end up still getting a captain or admiral next springi shot my general for 3d last year and i loved it, it just held me back some in a sense that i know i could get better target performance out of a longer ata bow.
Either way, the 09 Admiral and Captain are amazing bows and you couldnt go wrong with either one.
derek