HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethical Question on Using an Outfitter
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ethical Question on Using an Outfitter

You won't hunt your friend's honey hole on public land without your friend there or his permission? He shouldn't show you his honey holes ever then, unless you're both actively hunting together with each other...

As to a guide/outfitter, my thoughts are more of you hire a guide/outfitter, for that, outfitting more than anything, getting you deep into the wilderness, and providing you food/lodging....the hunting/guiding he's there to help/call, but you could just do that with a buddy, but not having horses, what's a guy to do?

Personally I'd rather hire a outfitter than rent horses etc....I'd be coming back with dead horses, lol, or without em completely, ha. And that leads to another point, you go out hunting all day are tired, you're paying for a service, horse wrangler can service the hrses etc....to do everything by yourself, means you can't do anything great....just like in business etc...., sure you may be able to do it all well, but to do it all by yourself.....is not practical at all. I wonder all these hunters who have a ethical dilemna hiring a guide/outfitter, if they have an ethical dilemna, hiring a lawn service, or plumber, or whoever to do whatever around their house etc....? I mean if you can do it yourself, why hire someone? That's their choice though. But if spending a little bit of cash means having an enjoyable experience vs. not having an enjoyable experience, well then I know what my choice would be.