Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Crowkilla
Fork Horn

Default RE: shotgun shells debate

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: FIREEMT1271

i shoot black clouds

I'm sorry to hear that!

I'm guessin you're new to waterfowling, so go with somethin cheaper, and more reliable... me and the people i talk to have had way too many bad experiences with blackclouds. The cheap winchester steel loads should do you fine right now. I shoot Federal ultrashoks. I still don't care for the flight control wads.
Oh no Chris, up until that post I have agreed with every word you have ever written on here. I'm just kidding with you. I don't doubt at all that you've had bad experiences with them cause I've certainly heard a lotta folks say they hate em and I don't think they got great reviews on this site from what I remember. I just happen to like em. A lot.

Actually, I am a former BC hater turned BIG TIME fan. Once I figured out what choke to be using with it, BC really performed for me. My turnaround day happened one afternoon when I shot my last DryLok and there was nothing left in the pit other than a box of BC. My cousin gave em to me and told me to give them another try. Up until that point I had been using them with a modified choke and absolutely mangled every duck I shot with it. It would cut close ducks in half (literally) and make hamburger of those at regular shooting yardage, and that's if I could connect with them at all. I hated the patterns. Anyway, I changed out the modified for an IC choke and it all came together for me. Clean kills the rest of the afternoon and season.

Therefore, I'd have to say my favorite is BC. My less expensive back ups, my Old Faithfuls, are still DryLoks. And yes I get made fun of for showing up with those too, but the ducks sho don't think it's funny .