HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

No I dont want you to satand on your head. I'll just ask you to think about what you said.

only thing you are right on is, I HAVE NOT SEEN IT HAPPEN ,only what i FEEL is happening from info i hear
I know you feel it's happening and I know it's hard to prove but thats not a reason to punish thiose who dont break the law. I dont necessarily agree that it's happening much but no matter what, the answer is not to be found in changing the rules in a way that will only chnage things for those who already obey the law.

Now do you really feel it's fair to penalize the 100,000 or so young hunters we have because you feel it's going on?

Think of it this way.... Do you beleive gun control will stop even one bad guy from getting a gun??

Should all of our cars have governers on them because some people speed?

Should a policeman be able to search your car or home because some people stash drugs in their homes and cars?

I think you get my point. I am always against penalizing the law abiding folks because someone out there doesnt want to play by the rules

You've suggested that the relaxed AR only be for 12 year olds. I don't think most young hunters or dads would have a problem with the kid stepping up to adult standards once he has a buck or two under his belt. My idea (and this would work once the new point of sale system is in place) would be to issue a first time youth license buyer two special tags without a year on them but with "his" hunter ID number on it (that will come with the new system) A youth hunter would be required to use that special tag along with his regular season buck tag on a "protected buck". He gets a max of two then he has to abide by big boy standards. What that does is allow a young hunter better odds to take a his first buck whether he is 12, 14 or even 16 when that first chance comes along.

Statistically, the youh harvest of protected bucks is not having any real effect. Lets do all we can to help reverse this disturbing trend of our states kids not taking up our great sport. Lets d all we can to prevent and prosecute abuses but lets not penalize the good kids and dads out there. The poachers will find a way no matter what the law says.

this is why i said to wco last week,PLEASE STOP HUNTERS AND TELL THEM THAT BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KIDS ALONG WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

that would be a big help.

do you know we have not seen wco in 2 years here in clinton county in woods on roads etc.

hunters know this.

they NEVER filled the vacancy of local wco here in clinton.

yes, you are right too, let kids at 12 years old only kill a small spike buck but after that, they have to shoot 3 point in wmu2g.

that would be a big help on slowing the BIDWKT hunters.

they would only get 1 year to break law and maybe only 1 or 2 buck instead of having those kids until age 16 .

TRUST ME, it is being abused and ones doing it are VERY HAPPY.[:@]