HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 02:06 PM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

The reason I have a preference for the inline in comparison to the rifle is you must apply the one shot one kill strategy. This will decrease the amount of risky shots taken and wounding deer. More patience will be necessary and more practice will be necessary. The shotgun can hold 3 shells and you will still have guys who are willing to sacrifice range for amount of ammo, but this is still better than having the ability to send 5 rds down range at running deer.
I don't agree with this 100%. The guys who take risky shots with a rifle will take the same shot with the inline. I'm sure to them.. it does not matter. Comes down to the way you hunt or the ethics you practice. Just my opinion.

I like rifle season because, I like rifles. This is for PA. In Delaware, I hunt with an inline. Unless the mountains in PA get to populated, I like the rifle stance we have now. This does not change me waiting for a good shot.

I like someone's idea about a couple youth tags for non-AR bucks. Think it could be a good idea. The only part I don't get is... does getting a buck make the experience. Getting into hunting, won;t kids be satisfied getting does or understanding that you can only shoot larger bucks still have a positive impact? When did hunting become the ....I have to bag a buck or I am never hunting again? I hunted for year before getting a deer or a good crack at one. It made me want to hunt more, not less. I know each person differers in their experience. I'm just not convinced this rule makes or breaks the young hunter. I'm for AR's and if we want a exception to the rule lets limit it to one buck and any time.. If not, lets get away from the notion that killing a buck makes or breaks youth from hunting again.

I think more important is youth seeing deer, seeing buck (any buck), seeing turkey, fox etc. The excitement is in the hunt, the kill is usually the icing and candles. To each their own, this is a nice thread with lots of good ideas and debate. I enjoy reading it.