HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Treestand Safety Harness
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
nksmfamjp
Typical Buck

Default Treestand Safety Harness

What treestand safety harness are you using? What is your opinion of it compared to others you have used. I have used 2 different ones. . .both were included free with the treestand. At this point, I wish they were not included. I would rather have more treestand features or a lower price. Both are barely usable, but probably not safe or comfortable. The latest one, in a fall of any magnitude, I'm comvinced the leg straps will come undone. The first one relied on my belt, which relies on belt loops to hold on to me! What a joke. No self respecting climber would strap into some of these thing I tried a couple on in the store, but left sure the would gut me or delimb me in a fall.

I keep looking at the Hunter Safety System models thinking the will be better, but right now, I can't see $130 for one. Am I overlooking a simple harness which is comfortable and I can fall on without getting hurt by the harness?

I already replaced the treestrap with climbing rope. Then I connect to the main rope with a smaller rope by a prussic knot. I connect to my harness by locking caribiner. This part I am confident in.