HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okies getting out this weekend?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
MILLERTIME10
Typical Buck

Default RE: Okies getting out this weekend?

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Hope noone spent today in a tree, you may very well got motion sickness. Hopefully this wonderful cold front with get things moving in the woods. Im planning on heading out all day on Friday if I can swing a day off from work.
Actually Ihad a pretty good afternoon. The wind was blowing about 30-40 mph out of the west and I was thinking about staying home. Regardless of the weather I decided to get out there and hunt, better than sitting around the house. I get out to my place and decided to go up on a hill and glass a little while before I head to the stand. I spotted a nice buck bedded about 500 yards away. I could tell he was wide, but I couldn't really see what else he had. I saw a place I couldstalk to and getabout 200 yards from him without being detectedto get a better look at him. Icrawled to that point and saw that he was a decent 8 point. He was probably 18-19" wide with short tines, probably 6" or so, and decent mass. Not quite what I was looking for, but encouraging. Too bad he wasn't bigger, he was set up perfect to try a stalk. The lay of the land was perfect and the wind was blowing so hard it would have covered all my noise. Oh well, so I head to the stand. In the course of the evening I saw 4 does and 5 fawns. It was definately the best night out so far this year. And to think I was comtemplating on staying at the house!![&:] You never know what you will see no matter the weather.

I will definately be out there this weekend with the smoke pole in hand.