HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Down This Morning (pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
dstubb
Typical Buck

Default Buck Down This Morning (pics)

Well, not exactly the calliber buck that i had planned on shooting this season but he is big bodied and presented a very picture perfect quartering away shot. I'm sure my team mates aren't happy, but hey i got meat in the freezer.

I actually called this buck in at 8:00 am this morning with my new rage grunt tube that i got last night. It was too easy, i have never been successful with grunting. He came in behind me at 25 yards, so i drew and had to hold for about a minute until he turned quartering away. I had to give him the ole mahhhhh a couple of times to get him to stop. I hit him perfectly behind the shoulder with the Rage 2B. He went about 100 yards and layed down softly then got right up and fell down to his death. Crazy part is that the rage did not pass through, all i had was a huge entrance wound, but there was still a pretty massive blood trail. When he fell, he fell on the arrow side and snapped the arrow in half. When that happened the rage was pushed into his stomach, which resulted in a very messy field dress. I got him home within an hour and him rinsed clean. Now the pressure is off and i can relax and focus on filling three more doe tags.