HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Recovery, What To Do After the Shot.
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
BrokenArrow29

Default RE: Recovery, What To Do After the Shot.

I tried to stay on the trail that I thought she took after entering the woods for about 60yds looking for blood (kicked up leaves and such)!After not being able to find blood I came to a point where she could have went anywhere,I only had a little bit further to go until I would run into the creek that runs along the backside of the property border,I figured if she was hit she would go for water,but no dice! I could not go further than the creek because I would be entering the neighboring property,which the owner made very clear not to traspass on early on in preseason!So at that point I was out of options!Thats when I started convincing myself that maybe I did miss and my arrow is just lost in the 4 foot high grass!So thats what I ment when I said I'll never know the real truth because I can't find the arrow,which we all know is bowhunting no matter if your arookie or seasoned hunter!Almost every person that has spent some time bowhunting has had some weird and off the wall events happen to them at some time during a hunt!Thats why i say it's part of bowhunting!!!I glad u were able to find your deer and congrats,you had a passthrough double lung shot and she ran all that way with no blood!Wow thats pretty far off textbook of what is supposed to happen,but thats why we enjoy the challange I guess. I know from past experiences how amazing these animals really are and seen first hand of what they can endure and survive through when needed!