HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

congrats again Joey!!! thats a pretty awesome story!! and a beautiful buck!!!

rybo, i am young...and thats what keeps me truckin along lol...i just know when im older, i'll be payin hell for the things ive done lol...but thats life...gotta live it and make the most of it....training was long, tiring and physical, but im already confident i'll love my job, and what i learned will be very important in my line of work and will save my life and the lives of others....

i heard alot about trad bows having an infectious bite...im still pumped to get to shoot one...figuring wed after class we will go fling arrows....ive always wanted to try it...it just seems like that would be something id REALLY enjoy...i love compounds and the technical stuff and all that...but i also love the simple things...

never used a cart....old timer told me a lonnnng time ago, always walk uphill so your drag is downhill...i dont follow that rule, but, when im dragging up hill, i often think of what he said lol.....ive never made the drag out of where im hunting...ive never made a drag through the woods over 100 yds or so without hitting a road or field or something...im probably 500yds in the woods...and about 300yds down a gasline from the road...the woods is up a grade...could be brutal...but i'll do it...take the stand and bow out...shed some clothes, go back in and gather him up and take my time...made farther drags before, but its been on grassy SGL trails....

im showering up and heading out....BEAUTIFUL day....cant decide where to setup...probably just head back to the oak ridge, even though there arent any acorns dropping...might be a rough year on bigwoods deer...only place ive found acorns dropping decint was here at school and the soils here are practically wetland soils..im slightly worried...and if i dont see deer on the oak ridge this evening, im going to have to rethink my hunting up there...only thing left for them to eat up there is browse...plenty of that...going to try some light rattling and grunting this evening...i seen a couple young bucks last night that definently looked love sick....