HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Close to lands or not?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Close to lands or not?

DG...the rifle has had the action bedded, barrel floated, and the trigger is breaking at 3lbs. I' m not sure whats up with the partition but i' m not gonna just quit on it completely, just for now. I' m sure this rifle will shoot a good group just maybe not with a partition thats yet to happen but i' s really love to shoot them. If it won' t group other bullets either then i' ll start looking at the gun itself not the bullets. My shots feel solid and if i get a flyer from my shooting i' m usually very aware of it. I' ve been reloading for several years but still consider myself new to reloading and there' s still a lot i don' t know, thats why i' m here asking for help. I have several other rifles that i handload and they will all shoot under an 1" at 100yds with the 30.06 shooting 1/2" consistently which is what i' m expecting from this 25.06 and so far it' s just not happening with the partitions i' ve tried in it. This is my first quarter bore and i can already see it' s gonna be somewhat finicky. Hopefully i' ll find something it likes. Thanks!