HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

I've no intention of apologizing orsaying I was wrong either. Iwill concede thatyour repeating the USFWS was accurate in it's context.But then again, so was mine.

My point would be that it's all relative to when the "snapshot" is taken. I believe I already agreed that some hunters, (most probably the Monday one day warriors) have quit due to seeing less deer. That doesnt change the fact that our numbers are dropping at an alarming rate all across the country or that other states have people just as vocal as you making similar doomsayer predictions. As a matter of fact, folks like you have been warning of impending doom here in Pa for quite a long time. The USP was formed quite a long time ago. I beleive t was in the 80's when bonus tags first came out and they have been screaming that we were going to kill all the deer since way back then. Even back in the 70's when I started hunting, i remember hearing a few guys at the gun club crying that killing all these does was going to ruin hunting in PA.

Your tunnell vision citing the deer program as the sole reasonfor declining license sales is still grossly inaccurate. Your claim thatthevast majority of Pa hunters is anywhere near as unhappy with things as you seem to be is also grossly inaccurate and the only surveys regarding hunter satisfaction that are avaialable tell a story that is quite different.