HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need some fussing at
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
BuddyBo
Typical Buck

Default I need some fussing at

Well, please fuss at me for what I'm about to tell ya, please, cause I ought to have my aske kicked good! Ishot a beautiful big 8 pointer Sat. evening at 6:05 PM. He was broadside and standing still even. But when I shot, he cocked down and turned to run and I hit him in the hip I think. I looked for him for two hours after leaving him alone for 3 hours. Temps in the low 40s last night. Then back in the woods for three hours this morning and still no buck or arrow. I saw the lighted nock arc towards his lungs but he moved before it got there. Then I heard it hit him, whack! Then no lighted nock in sight in him or on the ground. Now here's the fussing at me part. I didn't think he would come any closer to me since I hadn't been putting out corn cause of the price of it, so I ranged him with my Nikon at 55 yards! I took the shot and it would have been good, only he heard the shot before the arrow got to him. That's right, I said, 55 yards. Ain't that stupid? Go ahead, let me have it. I need it. Really. I can only say I'm sorry I made a stupid shot and wounded a nice buck. I think he will live but he's hurting. Yes he left a little bright red muscle blood here and there. I won't EVER take a long shot like that again. I promise!
BBO