HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting in Washington
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Power
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk Hunting in Washington

Very true, I hate to use generalizations like that, always a few bad apples making the rest look bad. I heard some more tales of signs that the indian's put up by their camp. I won't go into it but lets just say if those few continue with those kind of antics it won't be long before some redneck hunters do something drastic. I know I'd not want some of the elk hunters I know getting too riled up.

yes, I hunt the colockum herd but way at the bottom near the river, not up by the zoo. I see hunters on opening day then usually no more the rest of the season. But then I'm in the sage way at the bottom but we do pretty good since we come in low across private property to access state land that others have to walk and drive a long way to get to, then it's all up-hill for them to get an elk out if they get one.

Just too bad not everyone is playing by the same rules. It is so frustrating to apply these last 11 years for a big bull tag and never get one, and then to hear of many big bulls being killed for what? Are the few bad apples shooting all those dozens of big bulls for the meat? I highly doubt it...