HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opening morning a bust grrrr
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 AM
lou-lou
Typical Buck

Default RE: Opening morning a bust grrrr

Well, tonight was a good night except for that doe that busted me when a huge 10 pointer came out. It was about 600pm and about 60yards down the powerline cut a huge buck stepped out and headed my way. the buck was about 40 yrds away I heard something to my right, I looked over and saw a big doe with a button buck looking up right at me. I stayed motionless for about 3 minutes hopeing that they didn't bust me. Well they did and she blew about 50 times, scared the buck away, here's the kicker she ran off to only come back to the same spot, by this time I was twisted and mad at her, she walked right into the wheelhouse and well I've got me some venison for the freezer. Shot her with a 100gr rage 2 blade , with a x-force at 72Lbs and a 450 grain arrow and didn't get a passthru, right behind the shoulder double lung. I wish I could show you folks the damage that the head took, it all about was destroyed, No shoulder hit just some ribs busted.She ran only about 60yards and piled up, once home I checked her out, I only broke 2 ribs on one side and then the tip bent and blades twisted up. Not real assuring considering all the hype of these heads. She only weighed 125lbs. Just wanted to break down the hunt and pass on info to you folks.