HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Swing....And a Hit?? UPDATE!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Buckmaster519
Fork Horn

Default A Swing....And a Hit?? UPDATE!!!!

Well guys tonite i set up some bulap tied on to some stakes to make a makeshift ground blind by a feeder we have been seeing lots of spikes at. I have never killed anything with my bow so i was and am still excited. We wait from about 6 until 7:15 and there is still plenty of lite but it is fading fast. A monster spike suddenly walks in he looks at me foe a minute or two then keeps walking so i draw and hes tops slightly quartering away and i have different referece pointrs stepped off for distances and he was around the 30. So i put the pin behind his shoulder and let it fly. I hearda thwack and he jumped backward turned and ran off but not as fast as he should have. it as gettng dark by the time we got up and went ovber to the spot where he had stood. We didnt have flashlight so we decide to let him rest overnight(if i did hit him) so we are going out in the morning with a posse to search. it is getting down to like 40 tonite and won tbe over 50 until like 10 oclock. Sorry for the long winded post, Wish me luck

Thanks
Colten