HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Yet another TC Pro Hunter Question and Question on shooting from a stand
Old 10-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Otsdawa_Game_Hunter
Fork Horn

Default Yet another TC Pro Hunter Question and Question on shooting from a stand

Guys,

Question #1I know this probably belongs in the Gun section but the reason why I am posting it here is because I would like a hunters' advice on my next purchase rather than someone who just shoots. I have been going back and forth with wether I should buy a TC pro hunter but I'm not sure which barrels I should buy if I get one. I like the fact that it's one gun you can change the barrels on and its all 100% stainless. I already have a 12g, 20g shotguns, a 22-250, 30-30 and a 7mm-08 rifles. Is there a better barrel I could buy for question #2?

Question#2Most places I hunt I can only get a 75yd shot max unless I am hunting the edge of fields then I have my 7mm-08 for that. I am hunting from a 16ft ladder stand in woods (first time for this) and I am a bit aprehensive about shooting down from one. Which gun (in my arsenal) would be best for shooting in a ladder stand and no more than 75 yds tops? Can anyone give me some advice for shooting down from a ladder stand? Do I hold right on, high, low?

If you are wondering which barrel I am considering its the .50 for muzzleoader season and the 25-06 for Deer and yotes. I am also wondering what you guys think I should get for a 50-75yd shot that is accurate and causes a vast amount of vascular damage so they dont get up! Maybe 30TC or 375 ruger? LOL

Thanks,
Mack