HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opening morning a bust grrrr
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 AM
V8Ranger
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening morning a bust grrrr

[:@]Well the much anticipated opening morning for me in NY was a bust so far. I got to my stand at 6am, got all set up and waited for daylight. At 6:45 still a little dark, I hear some noise coming down from behind me. I,m thinking it was just a pesky squirrel coming down the deer trail that I am watching. Nope, it was a deer. CRAP [:@]I try to get my bow ever so slowly and then it stopped about 5 yards from my stand. I freeze, waiting for it to continue on its way and it wouldn't. I move my arm to rest it on the tree and that was enough for that deer, it said, LATER I'M OUT OF HERE. I didn't get to see what it was, just that it was a deer. After sitting for another 3 hours I had to come in, I thought I dressed warm enough but I didn't. 25 degrees out this morning. I have a bad back and Ihave 6 screws and 2 rods and 2 cages ( Titanium )in my lower back and once I get cold enough to shiver, which I was, I'm done. My back cant take that, it gets to painful, so I came home. Glad I was only 1/4 mile from home. I will go back out later and hope for something to fling an arrow at. Hope someone in NY had better luck than me.