HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
accman
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

A newbee to this site. I'm tired of watchin primos and dream season every chance I get and it's time to head upstate. I went out last week to scout it out a little bit. Some nice rubs, and trails, but the woods and marsh were very dried out. All the brooks and small ponds were gone. Deer will have to move to get some water sooner or later. Will not have my son to hunt with since he's in Spain for his last semester of college, but I'll send him some pics. We hunt on 22 acres, not much to write home about, but we just started bowhunting 2 years ago. He's takin 2 bucks, and I've passed on a few. Last year had a spike and 3pt'r goin at it, foolin around with each other for about 15 minutes. Finally a 4 pt comes down, butts them both, tellin them to knock it off, and they walk right pass me. The 4 also had a droptine to make him a 5, not very big, and it was great just watchin em. I decided to pass on him and my son gave me a ration of sh* that he had pictures of him and would have dropped him. I wound up getting a six during rifle season in Pt. Jervis, so at least I broke up a dry spell. Good luck to all, and may they all be larger than 8's. God bless.