HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walmarts are awesome, haha
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walmarts are awesome, haha

The Wal-Mart near us doesn't stock a ton of ammo just common stuff. If you go in and want 30-06 150 grain power points they often have them but only rarely have the 150 grain Silvertips I like. They also only sometimes have the 165 grain soft points I used to use. Anything common like 9mm or .45 ACP ammo they seem to stock one or two kinds of. They also sell rifles and shotguns and muzzloading stuff during muzzle loading season as they do bow stuff during bow season.

The one a few towns over well the two that are super walmarts seem to have a large supply of ammo and guns.

I've also found them to be the best price on most anything gun related if they have it. Way cheaper than Dicks sporting goods. I did find a local shop a few buddies like a few towns over that seem to have comparable prices. As in the muzzle loader bullets I shoot were like 15.99 instead of 18.99 and the pellets were 23 or something instead of 28. Then the 30-06 150 grain silvertips shoot were 23.99 and I think are like 23.17 at Wal-Mart. So most stuff was around the same or slightly cheaper. Most was around the same. I was highly impressed with that gun shop. I would have bought my last gun from them but they had a waiting list which I didn't want to be on when others had it instock. They are the only place I've really seen compete with Wal-Mart prices on stuff. Even ammo places online often charge more than Wal-Mart then you have to pay shipping.