HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:06 AM
BobCo19-65
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

schmalts, why would I have any questions for you. That is public information and is fact instead of opinion. I would also check on any potential Outfitter to make sure that they have a current registration or license. My main point in other posts was just voicing my opinion on the original site. You may also want to check if the outfitter is in good standing in any Outfitting Organizations, and if they are hunting public land check with forestry to make sure that they have the permits required for the advertised land that you will be hunting.

Sure it is a personal thing on what people want to use for information in determining and choosing outfitters. I just think that the original site mentioned has the potential of hurting a good outfitters reputation and I think that it is important for others to at least realize or think about that before praising the site. Personally, if I had a problem with an outfitter, and before I made any attempt to bash an outfit publically, I would personally contact the outfit and let them know my problem and try to find a resolution to it with the outfitter. It would be in the best interest of the hunter and outfit to resolve anything before any public bashing happens. I' m just not convinced that some people actually do this before making a public bashing. I also have a hard time believing everything I read, whether it be a person that I don' t know writing on the web, or an advertisement. There are even people I do know that I don' t always believe. I guess that I try to be a fair person and I like to hear both sides of a story before making any decisions. That is why I do not like that site, and that is my personal opinion. I now realize that I am alone in this opinion and that is OK by me.

P.S. Just for the heck of it I tried to contact the person that wrote the bashing on the outfitter that I used and guess what. Couldn' t do it. The originator of the bash is just another nameless person lost in cyberspace.